MGSI is an exceptional opportunity and we want every qualified student to be able to participate, regardless of means. Scholarship assistance is available based on need, but 100% scholarships are not offered. The scholarship application should be submitted at the time the student applies. Payroll data (3 months of payroll for the household from the past 6 months) can be submitted once/if the applicant is chosen for the interview process.
Letter to Guidance Counselors
Dear Junior Counselor/Summer Programs Contact,
The application for the 2020 Martha Guy Summer Institute opens December 1st, 2019, with all application materials due by February 28th, 2020. We look forward to seeing applications from your high school! Enclosed please find postcards that you may pass along to interested students. As a way to be more inclusive for your students, the program this year will offer significantly reduced fees – tuition/ meal plan – a 40% reduction! As a way to accomplish this, the camp has been restructured into a two-week program including educational, professional development, cultural, and business professional interactions.
As a reminder, here are some key points about the program:
Unique aspects of MGSI
- MGSI is a college residential experience. The program includes instruction on Appalachian State University’s campus in Boone, North Carolina, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Appalachian is the premier public undergraduate institution and boasts the largest business school of the 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina System.
- Each MGSI cohort is small. Only 24 students are selected, providing an intimate, hands-on experience for each participant.
- It is quite affordable: tuition is $1,000 plus a meal plan of $350. *
*Need-based scholarships are available to qualified applicants to defray tuition costs.
Which students are well suited for MGSI?
- We are seeking students who have a sincere interest in business as a college major and demonstrate leadership potential. Some candidates have an entrepreneurial spirit, or have unique or extensive part-time work experience. Also consider your most competitive students among under-represented groups and populations. Interested students should demonstrate academic achievement.
- Students who embrace and appreciate new people, opportunities and experiences are ideal for MGSI. They should also be well-prepared to be away from home and able to manage a demanding schedule.
- Application: Opens: December 1, 2019; Deadline: February 28th 2020
Please offer this opportunity to current JUNIORS
- Please make announcements, post on your website, and include MGSI in your newsletters, and share the opportunity with teachers and club advisors who work with students described above.
- Parents want to know! Share this information with your school’s parent organizations.
- Please reach out and encourage at least one student to apply!
Thank you for promoting this program! Feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 1-877-APP-MGSI
(877-277-6474) with questions.